So far, Nepal has reported 5 coronavirus positive cases.
In line with the various strategies initiated to stave off COVID-19, the Nepali Government has launched a new website and mobile application.
The main aim of this initiation is to educate the citizens with the latest initiatives by the government against COVID-19 and systemize the ‘coronavirus prevention and control’ measures.
- To download the app: covid.mohp.gov.np
- Hamro Swyastha Mobile Application
Uses of the COVID19 mobile app-
- Contains all necessary information about Coronavirus infection
- Helps the self-assessment of coronavirus infection based on existing symptoms and simultaneously guides their treatment
- Contains statistical data such as no. of infected cases in the country, death toll and suspects
- Contains info about the COVID-19 treatment hospitals and other available healthcare services
- Helps the government to trace COVID-19 victims
Likewise, the Nepal Army (NA) has also launched a similar mobile application named ‘COVID-19 Response App Nepal’ to provide emergency services in response to the information entered by the general public.
Other COVID-19 Preventive Measures
With the rising number of coronavirus cases in the country, the Nepali Government has extended the current nationwide lockdown for another eight days. The medical and emergency services along with some other sectors are allowed to operate by the Nepal Government.
The lockdown was supposed to end on March 31, 2020, but now it has been extended until April 07, 2020.
Moreover, the government has also extended the ban on international flights from March 31, 2020 to April 15, 2020.
So far, Nepal has reported five coronavirus infection cases. The latest positive case is a 22-year-old Nepali student with a travel history to Belgium and Qatar.
As of today, the coronavirus has spread to 192 (out of 195) countries and infected 732,590 people while claiming 34,102 lives.