- Tour in Nepal
- Cultural & Historical tour
- Shamanism Tour in Nepal
Shamanism Tour in Nepal - 11 Days
Min 2 Pax
Shamanism in Nepal, is being practiced for a long time which coincides importantly with the religious aspects. Offered as a 1-week introduction to Shamanism, it will allow students to gain a better understanding of Shamanistic tradition. Students will be put on an individual program within a group of max 6 people with the purpose of bringing western students together with Himalayan shamans, both to preserve this priceless ancient knowledge and to bring the practice and healing techniques to the western world.
Western students on this one-week introductory program will observe ancient shamanic ceremonies in which the costumed shaman, aided by traditional drumbeats and dance, travel to seek the deities and spirits who assist in the healing work to be done. The course begins in the outskirts of beautiful Kathmandu valley and includes short excursions to shrines and to nature for outdoor experiences which are as equally important as the knowledge that students acquire in the classroom.
Day 1: Arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu
Day 2: Kathmandu to Shakhu – 1 hrdrive then hike to Nagarkot
Day 3-9: Kartika Village Study program
Day 10: Trek to Shakhu 1 hr then to Kathmandu by Jeep 1 hr
Day 11: Final departure
Welcome to the land of Himalaya at 1333m. You will be warmly welcomed by the mountains and our company representative will be standing with your name card at the arrival terminal with a beautiful smile. You will be escorted to your hotel and youwill be provided with all the detailed information about your program. If your arrival is late in the evening then there is always another day to provide you information about your tour.
It’s the start of our amazing journey today. After breakfast we begin with a 1 hour drive to Shakhu to the north of Kathmandu. From Shakhu we hike for 1 hour to Kartika village in Nagarkot where we will be staying for the next 7 days. We start our program with a ceremony today to commence our learning.
You will be part of Shamanic Study program. You will witness ancient Shamanic ceremonies in which our carefully selected Shamans will interact with the deities and spirits for help to complete the healing activities.
Today will first trek to Shakhu for 1 hour before boarding our vehicle back to Kathmandu.Overnight in Kathmandu.
Sadly your most memorable journey ends today. A Great Nepal representative will escort you to the airport 3 hours before your scheduled flight. On your way home you have plenty of time to think about your recent adventure and to plan your next wonderful adventure in Nepal.
- Airport transfer in a private vehicle with an escorts
- All surface transfer as per the itinerary
- 2 nights accommodation in Kathmandu at 3* Hotel on twin sharing basis with BB plan
- Accommodation at Kartika village for the duration of the program.
- All your standard Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the program.
- A guru for your learning
- A local English speaking Government Guide during the program
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine and transportation for all trekking/tour staff.
- First aid medical kit.
- Official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Snacks, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, water and personal items, and tips for your guide, porters and driver (not compulsory but appreciated)
- Purchase of items needed for your shamanism training
- Donations to your guru
- Any airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa fee (US$ 30 per person) You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu for either 30 days or 90 days from date of issue. You will need to have currency of either USD, AUD or EU in cash to pay for your visa.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory) and any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, etc that is beyond our control.
To enable all expedition members to acclimatize well and hence maximize their chances of success, our expedition programs are prepared with sufficient time for acclimatization. Adaptation to the altitude takes time and there can be no short-cuts, even if supplementary oxygen is used in the final stages. The atmospheric pressure at the base camp is half of that at the sea level. A thorough program of acclimatization is built into the itinerary which consists of regulated height ascents, followed by descents and rests before the final ascent to the summit. This will prevent the climbers to get rid from altitude sickness.
Why Tipping is essential?
There are several reasons why you should tip in Nepal. It is quite the same as for what you tip in restaurants. They live in remote areas that are far from proper health and education facilities. Tipping them will additionally encourage them to manage good and nutritive food to eat, warm and comfortable clothes to wear or other necessary basic requirements to maintain their livelihood in a comfortable way. A small gesture of gratitude will do no harm to you but actually changes the lives of many people for a long time in many reasons. Our company has its fund collected from the some percentage of profit and sometimes from the tips of our guests which will directly invested for uplifting the economic condition of guides, porters and other staffs of office. It’s nothing more than the way to add smiles on those laborious faces.
price start from
Book this trip
100% Satisfaction with
Free Cancellation on most of the trips!
- Amazing Himalayan views
- Village walk
- Learn the Nepalese Shamanism with Nepali Guru
- Home stay in Nepalese typical house
- All the rituals are performed as per the guru instruction
Copyright © 2017 Great Nepal Treks and Expedition. All Right Reserved.